Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day 3

Today seemed a little easier than yesterday, probably because I didn't have to do stairs for 15 minutes (which my thighs are still sore from).  I schlepped on today, feeling better and tired of being stuck at home.

Active challenge: park in the furthest parking spot away from the door
  Since I didn't go anywhere, I couldn't actually do this.  However, I did walk next door to pay my rent.  Twice.  The shop was closed the first time so I had to go later.  I count this.

Exercise challenge: spend at least 5-10 minutes on specified activities
  These included crunches, reverse crunches, oblique crunches, modified plank, dead bug, and back extensions.  I thought these were pretty easy (not as in easy to do, but easily done).  Feeling the burn!  Did 2 reps of 10 each. 

Flexibility challengeyoga!
  The yoga poses were easy and felt great after the crunches.  They were the cat stretch, forward fold, bridge, and downward dog to upward dog.  Actually did the bridge in the middle of one of my crunch reps, didn't realize that was what I was doing!

Nutritional challenge eat one meal or snack with no distraction-no tv, reading, driving, conversation, etc.
  This was the hardest for me.  I had the tv blaring 90's music, so that was especially difficult to turn off.  I hid my phone and sat at the table.  I really tried to think about my food, how I was eating, and how I felt, but I really just had songs in my head.  Who would have thought this would have been the hard thing?

Mind/body challenge: set a worry appointment
  I really didn't do much worrying today.  Did a lot yesterday (while paying bills) but today really wasn't much.  I set a time (around 11:30) but I never really had much to worry about (that worrying would have actually helped) so I just enjoyed being home with my pets!

Ate at IHOP tonight, which was not a challenge, seeing as they have their fit menu.  Whole wheat french toast, egg substitute, turkey sausage, and bananas.  Yum!  And around 400-some odd calories!
Tomorrow may be more difficult seeing as I have to go back to work, but I'll fit it all in.  May just be a struggle today and tomorrow. 
I feel better doing all of this, so I'm pushing through! 

No comments:

Post a Comment